Texas Unemployment Compensation Attorney Represents Workers
Capable lawyer helps people who’ve lost jobs in the Lubbock area get the benefits they need
When you lose your job, unemployment insurance benefits can provide an essential financial cushion while you actively seek new employment. If you were terminated from your job as a result of job elimination or a layoff, you may be eligible for unemployment compensation. At the Law Office of Roland Rivera, I help terminated employees in the Lubbock area and throughout Texas obtain the financial compensation owed to them. I will work to secure the benefits you need when your application is denied or your former employer challenges your rights to compensation.
Knowledgeable counselor explains eligibility requirements for collecting unemployment
If you’ve lost your job in Texas, there are certain conditions you must meet to be eligible for unemployment compensation:
- You must have lost the job through no fault of your own or for “good cause” such as gender, age or ethnic harassment or unsafe working conditions.
- You must have worked long enough and earned enough to qualify in Texas.
- You must be physically able to work.
- You cannot be self-employed or a full-time student.
- You must not be on strike.
My thorough knowledge of Texas unemployment laws enables me to effectively analyze your claim and provide skillful representation in unemployment hearings.
Proven advocate helps clients to file for unemployment compensation
In most cases, people are not denied unemployment insurance benefits in Texas unless a claim is contested by an employer. If your claim has been contested, it is within your right to obtain a hearing. I provide clients with experienced and knowledgeable representation at these hearings to make the case for why they deserve benefits.
My firm can help you collect and present evidence such as:
- Federal and state laws about workplace safety and health standards that may apply to your case
- Employee testimony about work demands or workplace conditions
- Witness testimonies from employees, friends and family members with whom you have discussed your work situation
- Written records such as company handbooks, manuals, employment contracts and your personnel file
If your case is appealed because you or your employer disagrees with the decision resulting from the hearing, I am ready and able to represent you vigorously. My firm is committed to helping you obtain the legally available financial benefits you deserve.
Contact a reliable Texas unemployment compensation lawyer
Whether you need help filing for unemployment benefits or representation at a hearing when benefits are denied, the Law Office of Roland Rivera can provide the skilled assistance you deserve. Call me at 806-340-0606 or contact me online to schedule a consultation at my Lubbock office.